Saturday, April 04, 2009

First of All

I was an Auntie once again on Friday morning. Welcome Olivia! I can't wait to meet you!

Thursday was a great day also. When Jillian's sitter was putting her down for her nap, she turned to the dog and said, "Tutu do-do" (French for "Tutu, sleep"). I have been concerned about her lack of speaking, but I was happy that she put those words together in the right context!

Now I just need to start listening to her in French as well as English!

Susan's really getting the hang of holding her head up, smiling and 'talking' to me, and I swear I could feel some definition in her leg muscles!

Today Jillian and I (well, it was mostly me) were playing with my old Barbies from the 80's. I finally gave Ken some dignity back after 20 years by dressing him in his clothes, and even his shoes. The shoes didn't match, but I could have sworn that he smiled at me once he was decent again. I still had most of the original clothes that the Barbies came with, and even several pairs of shoes. I got rid of the headless Barbie (Maybe I was changing one of them agressively?), and dressed everyone else. I still had all the outfits that my Granny had knitted for me, which brought back some great memories.

A few things I noticed:
-the Barbies came from the Philippeans, China, Taiwan and Mexico
-I had forgotten how skin-tight all the clothes were, and how it wasn't easy to dress her upper body with her arms that weren't bendable
-The hair! Arg! I didn't even attempt to brush it, for fear I'd scalp the ladies.

I still had fun going back in time, and it's great to be able to share it with Jillian too.

No comments: