Monday, April 27, 2009

Dirty Thirty

Another decade is here...yikes! I have to admit that I was down in the dumps at the prospect of leaving my 20's behind. Goodbye youth!

But Michael did make me stop and think about my achievements: finishing University, traveling, marriage to a great guy, and 2 wonderful little girls. Plus, we're the proud owners of 1.5 waterfront acres(and all the responsibilites that come with it-HA!). Not to mention that I can cook without making anyone ill-that was a big step for me.

On my actual birthday, it was my mom, Michael and the girls, then I had lunch with my friends the next day.

We got our patio set and a BBQ last week. We've been putting together the BBQ since Friday. Today is Monday. If you're not a fan of putting together IKEA furniture, then I don't recommend putting BBQ's together. We would have put it together sooner, but either:
Jillian needs our attention, or
Susan needs our attention.

This has been way easier than putting together our PAX wardrobes (also from IKEA), but more time-consuming. I'm just happy that I'm not lifting 100 pound boards and I can just order Michael around instead.

Susan's spending more and more time on her tummy, and is learning how to turn herself in a circle. It's like watching a wiggly, drooling clock, with her speed somewhere between the second hand and minute hand. She was able to get to the 3 o'clock position in 5 minutes. It would have been even cuter had she not left a trail of spit-up!

Anyway, just waiting for Susan to demand her last feeding of the day, and then I can go to bed myself!

No comments: