Sunday, March 08, 2009

Vomit, Puke & Barf House

Yeah, this will be a pretty gross post.

I live in a sick house right now. Let me go back to yesterday.

Jillian seemed a bit off, because she had a little bit of pepperoni at lunch, then I decided to give her some blueberries for dinner. I left the room for a few minutes, then returned to her *covered* in vomit. Thankfully, I had taken off her clothes because I didn't want her to get blueberry stains on them. I gave her a bath, then she fell asleep at 7, so I put her in bed. She woke up a hour later needing some comfort, so I put her in my bed while I took care of Susan.

*big thump*. WAAAHHHHH! Did I mention that I have a high bed? So after some cuddles and 2 hours of Baby Einstein later (yes, I did read that article about kids not watching TV, but all rules are out the window when they're sick!), I gave her a bit of milk and put her back in bed. (do you see where this is going?)

Anyway, there was some crying from her, but that was normal, so I let her be. A little while later, I could smell puke.
Was it residual from the kitchen? No.
Do I smell it in the living room? Sorta.
Is the smell wafting from upstairs? Yeeesss. Uh oh.
Is the smell stronger the closer I get to Jillian's room? Oh no...

My poor child is covered neck to feet in vomit, as well as on her bed, on her pillow, and on the floor. She managed to wedge herself in a relatively puke-free spot on the bed and fell asleep, probably thinking how much her mommy *sucks* for not knowing that she made a sickie in her bed.

After controlling my gag reflex, I got her out of bed, changed her, and put her in the other bed. Of course Michael gets into the house after I have already stripped the bed and started the laundry! We have a small house, so naturally, he could smell it when he walked in.

Forward to this morning. Long story short, 1/3 glass milk (do you see where this is going?), some water and some oatmeal. One burp, and the next second, I'm covered in puke.

So today is laundry day.

1 comment:

Fawn said...

Ooooogh.