Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tax Time

There is just something about the tax season that brings out the inner nerd in me.
Ooh! T4's! Ahh! Receipts! Yay! Refund! (or at the very least "Thank goodness I don't have to write a cheque to the government, since I spread out the pain throughout the year.")

Monday was Susan's 2 month appointment. She's now 11 pounds, 13 oz, which is 5 pounds more than when she was born! She's also grown 4.5 inches since birth.

All I can say is, "Thank goodness you waited till you were outside of me before you decided to grow so much! And to think that the nurses at the hospitals were trying to freak me out when she was 2 days old saying that they were concerned that she wasn't gaining enough weight! (that's a rant for another time). She's started cooing and having little conversations with me. It's funny because she looks so serious sometimes when she is 'telling' me something.

Jillian's definitely hit the terrible twos. It's really not that bad, but when she decides to scream...WOW! Earplugs are definitely a good investment. But the happy moments are great. She's started helping me when I change Susan by bringing me her diaper...without even being asked! She's also enjoying her alphabet puzzle, since she figured out that she can turn the puzzle board around (instead of the piece in her hand) to place the piece. She's also started to give a "Mmmm-ahhh" sound when giving me a kiss. And shake hands.

Susan's definitely precious and adorable and I can just look at her all day, but Jillian is so interactive and curious about the world, you just have to stop and look at everything through her eyes.

Yes, there are times I look at the ceiling and wonder, "What the heck did I get myself into?", and "When will I fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes?", but I can definitely say, "Yes, they are worth it.". The diaper changes, the sleep-less nights, and even the stretch marks. But also the smiles and unconditional love.

No comments: