Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday night

Well, I survived my first week alone with the girls and Michael back at work. I was scared the first day he left, but things went a lot better than I thought. I'm still trying to adapt to living with my 3 hour naps, but I got 4 hours in a row the other day and I thought I died and went to heaven!

Jillian doesn't like this new arrangement and has been throwing screaming fits, but she *is* learning that Mommy can't move when she's feeding Susan. She's also warming up to Susan as well. Yesterday, when Susan was fussy and I went to pick her up, Jillian pushed me aside and tried to make Susan feel better with a kiss-it was so sweet and I couldn't help but giggle. Then I also saw Susan look up and smile at her big sister. It's these moments that I will treasure when the girls start fighting with each other.

Another blissful moment? Yesterday, when the 3 of us took a nap in our bed. Jillian snuggled on my right, Susan on my left, and we were all blissfully asleep for 2 whole hours. I felt like a new person when I woke up, and all 3 of us were in a super mood by the time Michael came back home.



I was told that I should start putting pictures up again. This one is when Susan was 3 days old, and the first day that we spent at home as a family.




Susan's 10 days old in this picture, with the blanket that I knitted. Now at almost 2 months, she's got these adorable Michelin Man legs and a Buddha belly. She's a pro at holding up her head for long periods of time, and can pull my hair and grab my glasses like a good ol' catfight! She's great at responding to us with her smiles, and coos. Her sleeping schedule still needs some work, but we'll get there eventually.

Jillian has discovered her climbing skills. Latest conquests: her high chair, with and without the tray attached, and I interrupted her climb onto the bathroom sink, courtesy of her potty. She may not pee in it, but she still knows how to use it!

I also attempted grocery shopping with Susan. Things were going well until we entered the store. Appropriately enough, I breastfed her in the 'Nuts' aisle; I apologize to the store in advance of their decline in sales in that department! She decided that she didn't want to be in her warm, cosy carseat, opting instead to having me carry her around in one hand, and pushing the cart in the other. I managed to steer by bumping the cart with my knees occasionally. I only hit 3 people, so I considered that a success! She decided to stay in her seat once I hit the checkout lane, where I frantically bagged groceries in case she changed her mind.

(phew!) My next challenge will happen during her 2 month checkup, where I encounter the "Immunization Challenge".

1 comment:

Fawn said...

I've started packing my ring sling into the diaper bag so that I can wear Halia if she decides the carseat is a no go. Pushing those ginormous shopping carts one-handed is no easy feat. Your hands must be stronger than mine!

Haha, I don't know that the nuts aisle was so appropriate, since I hardly think it's a nutty thing to do. I think the baking aisle would be more apropos, given the sugar and spice... but, of course, that would be a pretty busy aisle! ;)