Wednesday, May 13, 2009

You caught my eye across the crowded room. The attraction was instant; we had lots in common. I took you home.

Then I started to be afraid. Self-doubt crept in. Can we make this work? I turned away from you without explanation and stayed away for months, then years.

Then finally, I took a deep breath and approached you, ready for a new start and to leave the past behind. There were some mis-steps, but we're working through them. And slowly, we are getting closer. The knowledge that we can make things work between us. I don't need to be afraid anymore.

I can cook!!! Thank you, my cherished cookbook! Ours is not a monogamous relationship; there are others in your family that attract me, like your Thai cousin, and your Dessert-in-law. But I will always come back to you.

Love,
Me

2 comments:

Fawn said...

Ahahaha! Which part of the "Cooking for Dummies" do you have lots in common with, though? ;)

Idania said...

I would say definitely the ones with meat in it! One dish wonders, like shepherds pie, spaghetti, lasagna, meatloaf, etc.

It's weird since cooking breakfast and desserts never bothered me, just lunch and dinner.