Sunday, May 03, 2009

Ovariectomy

I went to the hospital on Thursday for my pre-op appointment for the cyst that I have on my right ovary. Basically, they're taking out the cyst, and more than likely, my right ovary as well. The cyst is about the size of an egg, and if it bursts, it will be painful, as in labour pain-painful. There were no signs of it being cancerous when I was having my multiple ultrasounds.

So on May 7th, I'll be showing up, waiting around for 2 hours(much like an airport!), get sliced and diced, wait around for another couple of hours, then go back home that night.

My doctor says that it's still possible if we want to have more children, as chances are that Susan came out of my left ovary.

Am I nervous? Sure. Watching all those episodes of ER and Grey's Anatomy probably doesn't help! I suppose my biggest fear is them telling me, "Ma'am, we've found some rare disease/your twin/an alien in your abdomen." Or just not waking up. When I delivered my kids, I was just worried about the pain, not any possible complications.

In any case, I'll have lots of help when I get home. And hopefully I'll get some sweet, sweet drugs...ah, Tylenol 3's, here I come!!!

PS. If you want to see a video of the surgery, you can find it here. It's set to music for some reason...weird.

1 comment:

Fawn said...

Oooh, I'd be nervous, too. Sending you lots of positive and healing thoughts!