Thursday, May 10, 2007

Arg!

So I thought that watching TV while breastfeeding Jillian was a good way to pass the time, right?

I get these weekly updates from www.Babycenter.com to tell me how Jillian's progressing, what to look for, etc. I really enjoy this site as I find it full of information. Anyway, it's saying about how it's better for me to look at her while she's eating, and talk to her, etc., just like you would at the dinner table. Now I'm feeling guilty for watching CSI and Oprah. *sigh*

So, no:
-chocolate ($&%!), or anything else with caffeine
-TV when feeding (which is one of the few times during the day that I watch TV)

Woe is me!!!

On another note, I have gotten complaints about not putting enough pictures on. You can go to:

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/utic2003iriley/my_photos and look at her photo album at the bottom. I will try to remember to include this link from time to time; otherwise, you can save this under "Favourites" on your (personal, not public!) computer.

1 comment:

Fawn said...

Ah, you're probably breastfeeding so often that watching TV once in a while isn't a big deal. There's just too much "good advice" to follow it all, in my humble opinion. I occasionally watched TV, although not often because I didn't like the idea of exposing Jade to the TV as a baby (because I'm crazy that way), but I read TONS, and that also means I wasn't talking to her like a regular meal. Really, do they think it's going to raise her IQ, or what? I say pshaw! Sure, chat and talk with her while breastfeeding sometimes, and then other times just take the time for yourself -- heaven knows every mom needs it! :D

Happy Mother's Day, Idania!