Wednesday, May 02, 2007

April 25th Train Ride

The only person that got a good night's sleep before the train ride was Jillian, as Michael and I were busy packing the night before...I'm pretty sure we both ended up with less than 3 hours sleep! In any case, we managed to get to the train station for 5:20, and got our tickets as well as checking in our luggage. When it came time to board, I heard those magical words:
"At this time, we would like to ask families with young children to board first."
Ah bliss! I tried to supress a grin as I got ahead of everyone else crowded at the gate...hee hee!

The ride went very well; because it was so early, people slept for the few hours on the way to Toronto. I managed to catch a few zzz's, and Jillian woke me up once to eat. Once we got to Toronto, I learned that I didn't have to switch trains, so we had a quiet hour to ourselves inside. It was just another few hours and then we got to Great Grandma's house! She was excited to meet Jillian for the first time and we got some much-needed rest. Mom picked us up the next day, and we finished our trip to Ottawa.

It was nice to take the train as I didn't have to worry about driving and having to stop whenever she was hungry or poopy. Thank goodness Michael was nice enough to talk me out of driving all the way back!

No comments: