Friday, June 12, 2009

Oink!

We were sick this past week. Michael picked up a bug on Thursday, and I didn't get sick until Sunday. Luckily, both girls are fine. Hopefully, they're past the point of infection, because there's no way I'd want them to get what we have. It was like a really bad cold, or a flu. I was looking at the symptoms of swine flu, but it didn't seem as intense as what they were saying.

I left 'my' Michael at home on Saturday, June 8th so I could visit Fawn, 'her' Michael, and their girls. Now that I think about it, we hadn't seen each other in about 9 years, but I felt very comfortable and we were chatting as if we had seen each other only last week. Ahhh, the power of the internet! Fawn, I hope you guys didn't catch this, but if you did, I am really, really sorry. It was only the day after I saw you that it hit me.

So I spent this week in isolation. I didn't even really call anyone because I sounded like one of those people who are trying to disguise their voices on the phone. Really, I sounded like a robot who coughed a lot.

Anyway, we're on the mend, and we should both be 100% by the end of the weekend.

Speaking of health issues, I saw my doctor yesterday about the dermoid cyst that he removed. I thanked him for doing a really great job. His reply? "Of course!" What a confident man. Anyway, they poked at the cyst and determined that it wasn't cancerous- it wasn't showing signs of being cancer anyway during the ultrasound, so I never worried about that. I asked if they found anything cool in there, like my twin sister(can you tell I watch too many wonky shows?), and he said no, just the usual stuff, nothing exciting. Everything is smooth sailing from here on in. Case closed!

I'm happy that the weather is finally getting nice and warm. I was afraid that summer was never going to show it's face. I'm even able to get the girls all dressed up in their cute summer outfits! I must say that that's one of the perks of having girls. Do I dress them up in *this* cute outfit,

or *that* cute outfit?


Or Jillian could just step on her sister and avoid all of this:

1 comment:

Fawn said...

It was so great to visit with you and the girls, Idania! I'm so grateful you came so far to see us. :D I hope you figure out a way to get your blankie back. (And if you use formula for Susan, we bought a can while I was there and of course left it because there was no way it was fitting into the luggage.)

Jade caught something while we were in Ottawa but I wouldn't call it flu-like, so you're off the hook. ;)