Friday, June 26, 2009

500 Ounces

Odd title for a post, I know. But what does this mean?

It's the exact amount of breastmilk in my freezer.

You're asking yourself: Why the heck are you telling me this and why do you have that much stashed away? Is there another baby you're not telling us about? Did Madonna have a 2 for 1 special in Malawi and giving you one?

Nope.

I'm heading back to work as of June 29th. I got a call from the government with 'an offer I couldn't refuse'. Full-time permanent position. This means that I will be giving up half of my maternity leave and going back early. Michael and I talked about it, and he will be taking the rest of the parental leave, until the end of the year. Michael's always joked about taking 1/2 of the parental leave, since he was 1/2 the reason we had a baby in the first place!

Some other reasons why it's easier to go back before scheduled:
-Susan's my second baby, so I've already gone through this going back to work scenario.
-In Taiwan, women return to work after 1 month. In the US, women return after 6 weeks. I've been off work almost 8 months so far-I'm pretty damn lucky to be in Canada.
-Michael's great with the girls, and I know that he can handle them. They are pretty easy kids to take care of.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be at home for the rest of the year, and I'll probably cry my first week of work(but not at the office!). But I'm also very excited.

No comments: