Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Confession time...
Back in 1996, I bought about 7 or 8 balls of yarn, with the intention of making a sweater.

Fast forward to Nov 2008. I am unpacking and find a neglected 1/5th completed sweater that must be made for size XXL. I decide once and for all that I will make a blanket for Jillian, and I will actually finish it.

I kept this quiet, only telling a few people in case I fail spectacularly. Apart from taking a break over Christmas, I knit and knit, and knit some more. Nothing fancy, just the knit stitch, it requires no thinking, just breathing.

Today, I managed to finish my last row. Apart from running out of wool TEN STITCHES before the end, I managed to Macgyver it, and finish the blanket!

My name is Idania, and I am a knitter!

(and if you don't know who Macgyver is, I'm not telling you!)

Ok Baby Riley, I finished the blanket. You can come out now! Or you can come out on Monday. I have plans this weekend. Or Tuesday works too because that's when Obama gets inaugurated. How easy would that be to remember that historic event?

I'm nesting like mad. All her clothes are ready to go. (She's seriously going to be a diva; I have onesies and pajamas up the ying-yang!) The diapers are lined up waiting to be pooped and peed in. The blankets are prepped. Her bag(and mine), (and Jillian's), are packed and ready to go at a moment's notice. The car is (mostly!) gassed up. I have the "Baby --- is here!" email prepped so I just have to fill in the details and send out. I have re-labeled and re-organized my magazines, movies, and bank statements. Her photo albums are ready to be scrapbooked and written on. My feet have been pedicured (since I haven't been able to reach them for the past month without undergoing serious cramps!). Boxes have been moved upstairs. Boxes have been moved downstairs.

I could go on and on, but frankly, I'm scaring myself! I think the waiting is driving me nuts, and I need to do something so I feel in control. The next thing you know, I'm going to want to pull out the stove and fridge so I can clean that out. (Don't worry, I wouldn't pull it out myself!). Although giving the fridge a good scrubbing sounds like a really, really good idea right now, although I don't think that pulling all the food out at 11:30pm is a good idea. At least it's cold enough outside for the food...hmmm....

Theory:
Sleeping on the bed = 1 hour of uninterrupted sleep = Sluggish and slow
Sleeping reclined on the couch = 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep = Hyper, over-achieving nesting queen

OK baby, please come on Monday(or Tuesday!). That would make you 38 weeks, which is fine. It's okay to be a bit early. Your sister was! My friend Shelley gave birth yesterday and I can't wait to meet him!

*yawn* Time to recharge those batteries for tomorrow!

1 comment:

Fawn said...

Congrats on finishing the blanket! I can't even knit a scarf. That is, last time I tried, I kept dropping stitches (or splitting some in half - damned wool!) and ended up with big holes. But that was many, many years ago... Perhaps it's time to try again. Like I need another craft to abandon!

Eeee, I'm so excited for you!! You're so close! And so organized!