Saturday, January 10, 2009

Boy oh boy...

3 weeks and 1 day left to go. My friend Shelley has 1 day left to go.

I think it's pretty cool that we're having babies so close again; the last time we delivered 2 weeks apart; we found out within a week of each other that we were pregnant, which was great! We were able to ask each other questions, to find out if we were going through something 'normal' or not.

This time around, we're not as panicky as before; but I think it has to do more with being focused on chasing our toddlers around! I know that I'm looking forward to having the baby out, but not necessarily the delivery part.

(pause for hugs)

Hmm, I can see why I don't blog more often. But I love getting my hugs from Jillian!

Today was fun-Michael was giving her a bath and practicing the word 'purple'.
(she likes to hum words for some reason; does it have to do with all my singing when pregnant with her?)
Anyway, she finally turned to him and said, "pur-pur"!

(pause for brief cuddle)

Later on, he was asking her, "Do you want to come out of the tub? Yes or No"
Clear as day, she said, "No".

He was so impressed, he let her play in the tub even longer-she earned it.

For those of you that don't know, Jillian's taking her sweet time with speaking. She had been spending the last 8 months in a full-time French environment when I was back at work. The doctor said that it will take a while for her to sort out the words and start speaking. I know her hearing is fine, as well as her ability to pronounce consonants. I guess patience is not my strong suit!

I'm sure that the day will come when she is talking my ear off that I will miss these quiet days! In the meantime, she gets her point across when she wants something...she loves to drag us to whatever she wants us to do for her, like pulling us to the fridge when she wants a drink, or the highchair when she's hungry.

As for Baby Riley, everything is going well. She's now head-down, and I swear she turned last week Sunday. I was feeling very stretched(like when you have Christmas dinner and you've had waaaay too much turkey!) and when I tried to figure which end was her bum, and which was her head, it was in a totally whacky place! At least she did this now instead of later. I guess she finally realized that she was running out of room (and time!) at Casa Mama! I met my OB, and she's *fantastic*! Easygoing, and not scary like the other doctor I met. I guess what I like most is that our delivery philosophy is very similar and laid-back.

Her only concern was me delivering so fast! I reported back to Michael that if delivery is eminent, then we'd have to call 911 for an ambulance and *he* might have to deliver. His reaction was not too surprising: he turned pale and looked a little sick! Then he swore up and down that he could reach the closest hospital in 10 minutes (it's more like 20-25 if I do the driving!). So it's not a problem for him to commute from Ottawa to work now if it means that he doesn't have to do any catching!

I was looking at pictures of Jillian as a newborn and it's amazing how much she's changed, and a little bit scary because we're going to do it all over again! I also wonder about the dynamic and what Jillian's reaction will be. At least she's interested in babies; she has a fascination with people the same size as her or smaller! I'm just grateful that Michael is able to take time off of work to spend time with us.

We got her to sit in the newborn carseat to compare, and holy cow! She did seem comfortable in it(like a kiddie La-Z-Boy), and Michael couldn't stop laughing.
In any case, the baby stuff is ready to go, and my bags are (mostly) packed. I don't feel ready yet to deliver, but I'm getting grumpier, a sure sign that it's getting closer at least!

No comments: