Sunday, September 30, 2007

I think I'm starting to catch up with my posts here...

The doctor's visit went well. 77cm (30 inches) long, although I think she's more like 28, 'cause it's insane to think that she grew 4 inches in 3 weeks! Her weight's at 16 pounds, 15 ounces, which makes her exactly 10 pounds heavier than when she was born almost 7 months ago, and grew over 10 inches too! How time flies! In any case, she's in the 60th-80th percentile for growth (like anyone except for me cares!), and developing normally.

I told Michael that she only had 5 more pounds to go until she needs a new car seat, and he looked a little freaked out. Oops!

Then she had her next set of shots. The first one was okay, and she cried a little then stopped, but as soon as we turned over to put the next one in her other leg, she FREAKED out! For the rest of the day, whenever I changed her and had her lie down, she shrieked because she thought that she was getting another needle. Not only that, I forgot the baby medicine, so it made for a long day. In any case, she doesn't get any more shots until her 1st birthday (amen!).

I visited my friend Shelley on the 26th, and she rolled over from her back to front (but I missed it!). I had suspected that she could do it before, but I never caught her in the act. Baby Sofia was standing up at the coffee table and shuffling around, as well as walking with assistance! I know you're not supposed to compare babies, *but* when they're so close in age(2 weeks), you can't help it! At least I know what to do next with her!

On the 27th, she tried peas for the first time. I had Michael taste them first, and he reacted like he had just bit into a lemon! But when you think about it, when's the last time you had peas without putting butter, salt and pepper on it?

In any case, she tried them and had the same reaction. Mom got to change her diaper on the 29th, and that was when she had her 'pea' poo. Bleaugh! She tried butternut squash today, and is now looking at me as if to say, "Mommy, where's the good stuff?". I did relent and give her rice cereal again, which I know she likes. Now she's a bit suspicious, and won't necessarily eat it because she's not sure what she's going to get!

If I only had a dollar for everytime someone said, "She must be teething!". Still no sign of any offending teeth yet, but I like her gummy smile just as it is!

I went crazy with baby reading this weekend.
"Shopaholic and Baby"-hilarious, as I've read the whole series so far. Brit comedy.
"Life Laughs" by Jenny McCarthy-very rude but also funny. She did 2 other books on pregnancy and her first year with a baby.
"Life with a Dictator"-also funny, but the author is high maintenance! I think I liked it because I felt that I could cope with a baby better than she did, especially with poopy diapers!

October brings my brother's birthday as well as the "Hunt for her first Halloween Costume", which she won't care about or remember. I suppose that's a good thing as she'll be demanding sugary items before long!

Have a good week everyone!

1 comment:

Fawn said...

I like hearing about percentiles - it puts things into perspective. :) Jade has always been on the low side for weight (just below 25th percentile) and on the high side for height (just over the 90th). Does that remind you of anyone in our family? :D

Everyone said Jade was teething (of course! that's the answer to every problem!) since she was 4 months old, but not a single one appeared until FIFTEEN months! But, like you, I love that baby, gummy smile!