Monday, February 19, 2007

Hey everyone,

Well, the last doctor's appointment was a repeat of the last one. Very routine.

Thursday, Michael and I were caught off guard. He went to play volleyball as usual with his classmates, and we went to the Honest Lawyer afterwards to eat dinner. Just as we were settled in, I noticed that there were balloons where we were seated, but couldn't figure out why. Then Brent wanted to make an announcement...I knew that he was with his girlfriend Kristen for a while, and I thought that he was proposing, but ... They had thrown us a surprise baby shower! We received some clothes, books and chair...it was so sweet that they thought of us!

The best part is that we get 22 babysitters! However, no one has signed up so far to take care of the baby the night before their final exams!

This past weekend, we went out with Mat and Shannon to the Detroit Art Gallery. I was pleasantly surprised...I found it better than the National Art Gallery in Ottawa because there were just the right amount of art. It was nice to go with them, because they know Art way better than we do, and can explain things in a way we understand. Afterwards, we went to Greektown for dinner. There was a fabulous pastry shop and like little kids, we ate dessert first, then went to dinner.

I swear that we were served by a bored Mikhail Baryshnikov(the Russian ballet dancer) look-alike, but it was great to have Greek food again.

Sunday, we packed the baby's and my bag for the hospital. Yikes! It's blowing my mind that there's 3.5 weeks to go (give or take 2 weeks!!!)

Anyway, I'm going to bed early. I'm feeling like a beached whale lately and I'm moving around like one. Hope everyone has a restful night!

No comments: