Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pre-K and Reading

Jillian loves the days when she waves goodbye to Susan and me, and goes with Michael to school together.

Susan, on the other hand....
On Tuesday, we all left the house at the same time, and as we were heading in different directions, Susan started wailing.  I hit the brakes (wasn't going that fast) and was concerned that she was hurt.  Turns out she wanted to "go with Daddy and Jillian."  I guess that makes me liver, right?  Susan was not her normally bubbly self...she was quiet all the way to the sitter, and plodded up the steps.  She then hugged the babies when she got in, but was pretty bummed!  I didn't have the heart to tell her that she's got a year and a half to go!

Jillian gets to take library books out once a week and has reading for homework.  She loves reading as much as I do-phew!  She reads and re-reads the book* until she can read it all by herself-hooray!  I asked her if she wanted to write out the words in the story too, and she was happy to do it...for a little bit!

And now Susan wants to get in on the action too, just like big sister.  When Jillian was done, Susan wanted to read every word out loud, and I was happy to oblige.  Jillian settled down with Michael to read some books that he had picked up just for her.

This was awesome perfect, and it was exactly what I had imagined when I thought of becoming a parent.

*The book goes something like:
The cat is on the hat.
The cat is on my lap.

1 comment:

Fawn said...

That's wonderful, Id! Halia is sooo ready for school, too. Ah well, her day will come. :)