Saturday, January 26, 2008

Tick, tick, tick...

No, it's not the biological clock, it's the countdown to me returning to work. Yikes!

To be fair, I didn't cry when I dropped her off at the sitter's last week. When I returned to pick her up in the afternoon (6 hours later), I was wondering:
Would she be crying?
Would she be excited to see me?
Did she miss me?
Would I get a speeding ticket for going 10-20km over the speed limit?

Well, when the sitter opened the door, Jillian was ready to have her bottle. She didn't even look at me!!! Just staring at the bottle with her mouth WIDE open. After she was satisfied, she looked at me as if to say, "Oh, you're here?"

Geez. At least she was happy, right?

Things are good here. She's finishing up her 2nd cold since Christmas(never have I seen so much snot come out of a little person!), and a round of ezcema (dry skin condition-not contagious, just itchy).

What's she up to now:
-Sometimes comes when called. I have to sound really excited when I call her or she's not that interested. I also make her crawl everywhere-it saves my back! I just have to keep her on track, otherwise she'll wander in the bathroom or office.

-Regularly able to stand up for 5 seconds or so without support. It's so cute.
Let go, wobble, hang on, repeat.

-Will get into visual range when she hears, "Where's Jillian?". Michael figured that one out. Very funny to watch, as she can literally go crazy trying to race where you can see her!

-Dances (bobs, really), when she hears music.

Now she can also place her rubber duckie's head in her mouth(sans beak), and gnaw on that for most of her bath. She enjoys it and it keeps her busy. She's very interested in the water faucet, as well as when we drain the water; she'll stick her hand in the hole until it's all gone. I think she likes the sensation of the water flowing over her hand.

No teeth!!! She hasn't really cried in a week about her gums either.

Have I mentioned how much I love snow tires? A few weeks ago when it was super slippery, I would have slid in a ditch if it hadn't been for them! It's mandatory in Quebec anyway, but we've got a killer driveway to get out of...it slopes *up*, and we're on a highway, so we have to really move it once we hit the road.

No comments: