Friday, January 04, 2008

Happy New Year!

Well, this marks the 10-month milestone for my baby. Even since my last post, she's started to:
-stand up and let go briefly in order to see if she stand on her own
-press a button on her toy and bob to the music. It's so cute to see her little bum move like that-she's a Trini, all right!
-talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk
-I think that when she puts her hands together and moves them up and down, it means that she's gone in her diaper. I just caught on today, so I have to test this theory out.
-Eating more food and drinking (real) juice (it's watered down!) on a regular basis. Makes the diapers...ugh...I don't even want to describe them now. It looks like she jumped in a pool then asked us to change it. Bleaugh!
-getting better at holding her bottle, but she has to be motivated, and I can't
make her try it.
-still working on the sippy cup, but it may have to do more with her not wanting to drink the water, but something more interesting.
-a crawling machine! When she sees something that interests her, she'll go as fast as she can, and heaven help the poor toy that's in her path-she runs them right over! She's also not scared of the dark, as she'll wander in other rooms even if the lights are off

Ok, enough bragging for now...I have another 362 days left this year!

She's almost over her cold, but her poor nose is raw from all that phlegm that we have to wipe off. She has, however, enjoyed having her Daddy at home for the last 2 weeks. I know we're both going to miss him during the day once he returns to work on Monday. However, she has a LOT of toys to keep her busy! Luckily, the music they make don't really bother me, and she'll change it up so I won't hear the same thing all day.

I wore nylons the other day for the first time in ages. Sure, I liked the way my legs looked, but getting them on is such a pain! It's really no surprise why I like to wear pants at work!

Speaking of work, 8 more weeks till I get back into the swing of things. Hopefully, the worst of the winter will be over by then! (yeah, yeah, I like to be a Pollyanna and try to find the silver lining!)

Enjoy the last holiday weekend!

No comments: