Sunday, January 13, 2008

Hope that everyone had a good weekend!

Jillian's started to babble even more and has finally incorporated the 'd' sound into her vocabulary. She was taking a bath and Michael left to do some work. As soon as he walked out, she started talking and it sounded like she made a da-da-da sound, reminding me of when she would say 'mum'. (I know she hasn't made the connection yet!). Anyway, I shouted to Michael and he came running back, and she made more da-da-da sounds. Very cool!

She's also started eating chunkier foods. At first, she used to gag on it because she was used to the pureed foods, but she's learing quickly to chew/gum her food before swallowing. She can also eat pieces of grapes, and even tried an apple, but
I gave her a piece that was too big and she threw up...ick!

She's getting better and better with standing up on her own, and we have to watch her all-the-time. Her favourite thing to play with at the moment is the hallway socket. Crawl, crawl, crawl, reach out for the holes-AAAHHHHH! Geez, that freaks me out to no end. At least they're covered now, but that doesn't mean I endorse her playing with it.


She went to her cousin's (technically 3rd cousin) 1st birthday party today. It was insane! When she was opening her presents, the cameras were going off, and there were people all around. She(not Jillian), started to get upset, because she wasn't used to it, but after everyone eased off a bit, she had more fun. Is this what celebrities go through? I remember when I was a kid that I wanted to be a celebrity, but now they get so personal.

It's also reminding me that Jillian's birthday is 7 weeks away. Seriously. She has tons of toys already. Do you think that I can get away with just a small get-together, some potluck and cake, but no presents for her? I know it sounds horribly Scrooge-ish, but my house looks like a daycare centre!!!

No teeth. She woke up screaming a couple of nights ago, and calmed down after I put the Orajel/Ambesol on her gums, and that's it so far. If all her teeth come out at the same time, I'm going to be freaked out. It'll be like she's wearing baby dentures or something!

Speaking of the little bugger, she's awake right now after we thought we had her in bed for the night. It just means that she had a 2 hour nap and can gogogo till...what, 1, 2am? She's playing with her musical table and dancing along, happy as a clam. Well, she did have 2 big naps in the car, so that didn't help too much. Arg. Well, that means an *early* wake up call for her in the morning. We're both going to be soooo grumpy in the morning! Michael has to work in the morning, so I'm being nice and letting him sleep. He has to deal with 16 kids, so I guess it's an even tradeoff!

Oh yeah, with this musical table(in English and Spanish), she's learned that if she moves one of the pieces, it'll play the Alphabet song. She'll play the whole song, before turning it again. If she hits another button by accident, she'll move that piece again to listen to the Alphabet song again. Very cool. I do have to switch it between English and Spanish so I don't get sick of the same voice. And I can say that Michael and I are getting good with our Spanish alphabet! Although Michael did think that the spanish version had oh-ka-ka. He asked why they would talk about poo. I had to explain that it was ho-ta-ka (the letters j-k). It took him a few tries, and he eventually got it.

Anyway, I guess it's time to pop another movie in to try to stay awake!

No comments: