Monday, December 17, 2007

If it's 1am, 2am, 3am, 4am, 5am & 6am, it must be teething time...

Right?

The last 2.5 days(& nights), have been punctuated by cries, keeping us up all weekend. Michael has to go to work tomorrow, so I get to keep the vigil tonight!

Luckily, we did buy some Baby Orajel (or Ambesol, whichever was cheaper), and we tried it yesterday morning when we were at the end of our ropes. She slept for 4 hours, so I guess it worked!

Tonight, I managed to slip her some after I gave her her last feeding of the night, and she didn't take too kindly to it. Since I had some left on my finger, I decided to have a taste to see what it was like. BLEAUGH! Bitter, but my tongue started to get numb pretty fast, which was a weird feeling, but it seemed to kill my taste buds, so I didn't mind. Jillian started licking her lips and smacking her gums, then immediately started to doze off. I have a frozen, damp washcloth in the freezer on deck, in case she decides to shriek after I've been asleep for less than 1/2 hour again.

We got a bit misty-eyed this evening watching her play. She was sitting on her haunches, with jeans and onesie, playing with her toy with her back to us. She looked so much like a little girl, and so not like a helpless baby anymore.

Michael has one more week of school before holidays...my Aunt, Uncle, and cousin are coming for Christmas from Trinidad, so I'm looking forward to having the holidays uninterrupted without having to go to work.

PS-if you have to pay any bills, make deposits, etc, etc, PLEASE do it this week before the holidays! With Christmas, Boxing Day, New Year's, and the weekends, there's actually few days to get your stuff done on time. I just feel sorry for the poor tellers that inevitably get flak for public holidays that they cannot do anything about.

No comments: