Saturday, December 15, 2007

Holy potato! (This is my pathetic attempt at trying to stop swearing.) It's not really working, as I can still let the 4-letter words fly when I'm driving downtown during rush hour.

Where was I? Oh yeah, Jillian's a crawling machine now, and the most entertaining trip was tonight, when I put her down on the carpet while Michael and I were watching a movie. She started giggling like mad(almost like, "I'm free, I'm FREE, you can't catch me!!!), and made for the TV. We plucked her away when it looked like she just wanted to fry her eyeballs, then she settled back to playing with her toys and wandering from the couch to the TV, to the chair, to the coffee table. This kid's got energy!

She's also mastered pulling herself to a standing position now. Two days ago, she struggled to pull herself up, her little legs shaking like leaves, to yesterday, where she managed to do it a few times, but with considerable effort, to today, where she can do it very quickly, but will cry if her legs start to do the splits, or she falls on her bum.

She's gotten way better at eye-hand-mouth co-ordination. When I give her her puffs(I call them her cookies), she'll take as many of them into one hand at a time(usually 3), then cram whatever piece is sticking out into her mouth. Tonight we were eating asparagus, and after I bit off the tip, she was gumming the piece like crazy, and managed to get some of the insides of it in her mouth.

Tomorrow, we're heading out to finish up bits of Christmas shopping. Her first Christmas stocking, etc. We're trying not to go overboard; after all, she won't remember this Christmas, but she's sure to demand Dora in a few years when she becomes a tiny consumer!

No comments: