Sunday, March 13, 2011

Project 333

No, nothing top secret! I was lurking around some minimalist blogs and came across this one at Project 333

The Basics
When: January 1 – March 31, 2011 (It’s never too late to start so join in anytime!)
What: 33 items including clothing, accessories, jewelry, outerwear and shoes.
What not: these items are not counted as part of the 33 items – wedding ring or another sentimental piece of jewelry that you never take off, underwear, sleep wear, in-home lounge wear, and workout clothing (you can only wear your workout clothing to workout)
How: Choose your 33 items, box up the remainder of your fashion statement, seal it with tape and put it out of sight.
What else: consider that you are creating a wardrobe that you can live, work and play in for three months. Remember that this is not a project in suffering. If your clothes don’t fit or are in poor condition, replace them.

So today, I went through my closet, packed away what I still want to keep (but haven't worn in ages), got rid of the stuff that I simply won't wear anymore, and it is looking really streamlined already! I haven't counted the exact number of clothes that are left, but I felt better for going through my closet.

I guess this was easier than I thought because:
-I'm no fashionista!
-I had gone through my closet previously last fall before we put the house up for sale, so it wasn't overwhelming.
-I like the idea of not pawing through my closet frantically looking for something to wear.
-I had just finished going through the girls' clothes last week, figuring out what doesn't fit anymore, so I was already in the right frame of mind for this mini-project.

Anyway, my Senators hockey jerseys (how come I have 2?) are still there, along with a couple of business suits are on one side of my closet, (so I am cheating already-gasp!), but seeing as I won't be in any high-powered meetings or attending any Senators playoff games, there's a zero chance of me wearing them during the next 3 months.

During this clean-out, I have an extra shelf as a result. Michael was eyeing it (and did attempt to occupy the newly-freed territory), but I managed to block him-for now!

One of the final things I have to do is get rid of the comfiest, rattiest sweater I have, and replace it with something that was made this century-no joke!

No comments: