Saturday, March 05, 2011

It's a Mad Mad Mad World

I feel like life is so hectic these days...once you throw in 2 working parents and kids, its an insane mix.

One of the things we do on Saturdays is take the girls to gymnastics. Both kids really love it, and I get to join Susan in the mornings. She find everything hilarious, whether it's climbing up a ladder, hanging on the rings, or when I throw her in the foam pit! Right now her favourite thing to do is forward rolls. She literally launches herself forward, and she can nail it pretty well most of the time.

Jillian has a good helper in her class to get her to follow the directions. I love the way that she can sit down and pay attention to the teacher the same way as the other kids do, not to mention that she's got a good sense of balance, and no hesitation whatsoever. I love it.

I am also seeing how kids are a reflection of ourselves...literally! I was talking to Susan the other day, and she started pointing her index finger at me, made a serious/frowning face, and said "Stay, stay....okay". Only then did I realize that when I changed her diaper on the change table, and turned my back to pick up her pjs, I had that look on my face-yikes!

On a completely unrelated note, I would love to see Kate marry Prince William live, but I doubt that would go over well at my new job! And I honestly doubt that I could get away with watching the entire wedding afterwards completely uninterrupted! Dammit, I'm not ashamed to admit...I AM a Royal Watcher!

No comments: