Sunday, February 06, 2011

Exercising my brain...

Oh, the things I will get up to instead of doing the dishes! I think I'm supposed to tag people to get them to write them down also, but I'm not that mean.

What was I doing ten years ago?
In February 2001, I believe I was still at Carleton U, taking economics. I was also working for Canada Trust, which was in the middle of merging with TD Bank. I distinctly remember the summer of 2001 being hellish as we finally merged the banks in reality, and not just theory. I was still counting the time I was with Michael in months and not years...funny, now that I think about it, it was almost at the 11 month mark, and this year will be 11 years for us!

What are five (non-work) things on my to-do list for today:
1. Read the blog-o-sphere
2. Laundry
3. Dishes
4. Watch the first Sex and the City movie (don't get me started on SATC 2-they lowered the bar there, in my opinion)
5. Nap, um, I mean ponder the meaning of life, the universe, and everything

Five Snacks I Enjoy:
1. Sweet
2. Salty
3. Cheesy
4. Meaty
5. Spicy

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Pay off parents' mortgages, and help my siblings buy a house
2. Buy a big piece of land and build my and Michael's dream home (who am I kidding! My dream home, and I'll throw in a man-cave for Michael)
3. Travel (TONS!)
4. Give to charities, especially ones that help families with Autism
5. Buy a totally frivolous Hermes bag, just because I could

Places I have lived:
1. Several towns, Trinidad
2. Nepean, ON (Craig Henry, Barrhaven, Barrhaven, Bells Corners)
3. Kanata, ON (2 locations)
4. South Keys, ON
5. NeiHu, Taiwan
6. Ottawa, ON
7. Windsor, ON
8. Notre-Dame-de-la-Salette, QC (2 locations)
(hm, that's averaging a place every 2 years since I moved to Canada...holy moly-my record is living in 1 place for 5 years)

Jobs I have had:
1. Delivering papers for the Pennysaver
2. Server at Beavertails (cool working on the canal during Winterlude)
3. Cashier at White Rose (a now-defunct Arts and Crafts/Gardening store)
4. Cashier at Farm Boy (grocery store)
5. Teller, Admin, and Sales at TD Canada Trust (bank)
6. Admin at MortgageBrokersOttawa (I learned that closing a house in June is the most insane month of the year)
7. Working in the Accounting, Banking, and Compensation Sector at Public Works (Fed job-Fun group to work with!)
8. Currently, Internal Auditor for Treasury Board Secretariat (Fed job-Great team to work with!)

1 comment:

Fawn said...

Was that a good workout? ;)

I learned new things about you! Yay!