Saturday, February 07, 2009

Very bad news today.

I found out today that my cousins Natalie and Stacey were in a car accident early this morning. Stacey is in serious condition at the hospital, and Natalie died. They both flew out the window of the car. Stacey was relatively lucky as she landed on grass. Natalie landed on the road. So far it looks like they weren't wearing seatbelts. Natalie's boyfriend was driving, and he's in the hospital too. I'm not sure of his condition.

Natalie was 24, and leaves behind 3 children, the youngest just turned one.

I think I'm still in shock/denial. I made sure to tell my mom, Michael and my girls that I loved them and gave extra hugs. I try not to take things for granted, but this really drives the point home about how we really don't know how long we have on this earth.

1 comment:

Fawn said...

Oh, Idania, that's terrible! I'm so sorry to hear this. :*(

HUGS