Wednesday, August 08, 2007

We went to Montreal this past weekend, and it was great catching up with our friends who biked from Toronto to Montreal. I must admit that the majority of the bikers had nice bums! hee hee... Everyone was going to a bar afterwards, except 2 people. Can you guess who they were? I'll give you a clue...it wasn't Michael!

Jillian had a good time, but is starting to 'make strange' with new people. According to my baby book, she's right on schedule for that. At least she's comfy with Mom and Michael, otherwise I'd have very tired arms!

Also, on August 5th, we decided to introduce her to rice cereal. For a baby, this is a solid, although it looks like gruel.



The VERY FIRST spoonful!!!



All done!

For the record, she did like it, and there was no more cereal in the bowl, but as you can see from the last picture, probably half of it ended up on her than in her.

We are getting ready for our big move next week. There are tons of boxes; how the heck do we manage to accumulate this much stuff? I even found papers from when I was a teenager. At least it'll be useful when it comes time to light a fire!

Unfortunately, where we'll be moving to only has dial-up internet, so I'm not sure what it'll mean when it comes to these posts. I will probably only be able to add pictures when I visit my mom's house. Hopefully, I can still write on a regular basis.

Anyway, time for more packing!

1 comment:

Fawn said...

Jade also went through a period of "making strange". We found that the best thing to do for her was to introduce her to the person and then let her get used to them, without letting them grab her.

People need to learn to be respectful of baby's privacy and personal space and you get to be her advocate! If the person was respectful and talked to Jade, or played with her hands, or gave her a toy (whatever, as long as it was non-obtrusive interaction) it would usually only take a few minutes before she was ready to let them hold her. And if she was never comfortable with a person, well tough for that person - her security was more important than that person's feelings.

Okay, sometimes it was hard for me to say "no, you can't hold her" to the person beaming with their arms out, but I did eventually get better at saying "please just give her a few minutes to get used to you first".

And now she goes up to random strangers for hugs. Eek!