Sunday, December 03, 2006

Ooh, recovering from the Christmas party....

For those in the know about Windsor, we went to a place called the Caboto club for the annual TDCanadaTrust Christmas Party. We went to a manager's house for pre-party drinks (and yes, I was the designated driver, and no, I only smelled the drinks!). Our branch was in fine spirits when we headed off to the main venue.

Upon arrival, Michael and I checked our coats and walked inside the hall. I was surprised to see everyone sitting down and eating already. I asked one of the servers where our table was and she said that we just sit wherever we want to. Michael went to the bar to get some drinks, and I walked outside to where some people from my branch were.

They asked, "What are you doing in there?"
I replied, "There's no seats in there for us! What are we going to do?"
"That's not our party. Ours is around the corner. This place is really big. Haven't you been here before?"
"Noooo." (Of course no one looks familiar to me either as we don't know too many people in Windsor).

I immediately ask one of my co-workers to get Michael, and he saunters out with drinks. Turns out that the place next to us is open bar, so he accidentally got a free drink...oops!

We were eventually guided to the right room where the festivities are underway.

I wore a wonderful red dress that my mom picked out for me in Trinidad and wore my inappropriate-but-oh-so-cute high heels...no Shelley, I didn't fall down this time! I danced to such memorable tunes like:
"Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson and
"My Humps" by the Black Eyed Peas. Hum the chorus and you'll laugh!

I realized that my branch is the party branch, as we were the only people that stayed until the lights went back on and we got kicked out-at the early hour of 1AM!!! What's up with that? In any case, we had a blast, and it was great to see a new side of my co-workers. Plus, there was no snow yet, so the ladies didn't have to bother with things like heavy coats or snowboots.

So today finds us relaxing and recovering at home.

*yawn*

Hope that everyone else has had a great weekend!

No comments: