Wednesday, November 08, 2006


Today I had my second ultrasound, and the technician did a through examination and measured all the babies parts. She also found out the sex of the baby....But I asked her not to tell me! We got to see the heart again; it was much more defined and the heartbeat was 153 beats/minute. At one point, we got to look at the baby's face, and you could see the details pretty well. The eyes were closed and it was swallowing the amniotic fluid. I got to see inside it's stomach, and you could see that it was pretty full!

I also got to see what the baby's face looks like. You could clearly see the eyelids, nose and mouth, which was amazing. I guess that's the advantage of waiting this long.

The baby was pretty active as well and was grabbing its foot with it's right arm and was holding on for a while. Baby also had its arms up by its face again and was also making it harder for us to get a good shot of the face.

She was also measuring the circumference of the head and tummy. The tummy measured at 21.5 weeks, which is what I am, but the head measures at 22.5 weeks!!! Ouchie! Michael couldn't stop laughing because he has a big head too.

Anyway, it was very reassuring to see all the movements, which I'm starting to feel a little bit...Just a tap here and there. I really have to concentrate in order to feel it.

I can't believe that the baby started from something the size of a speck! We have just over 4 months to go before our big day, and its coming up fast. My coworkers are speculating that it's a boy now, but we'll just have to wait and see!!!

My next doctor's appointment is in 3 weeks, so the only thing that I anticipate happening between now and then will be Michael being able to feel the baby kicking.

1 comment:

gspot12 said...

Super cute, little tiny feet.