Thursday, October 26, 2006

We went to our first pre-natal class on Tuesday night.

I must say that one thing I really like about Windsor is that it takes less than 15 minutes to get anywhere in town. Plus the streets are grid-like, and anywhere you want to go seems to be just off of one of the main 5 or 6 streets.

Anyway, the nurse conducting the course was really nice, and there must have been at least another 8 couples there. We got to watch (on the big screen) how the baby grows from 1 cell to 9 months, *and* we watched the Miracle of Birth not once, but twice!!! To Michael's credit, he actually watched both births! I think that he was still horrified at how gooey the baby is when it's born, but at least he won't be shocked when it happens to us!

There were some moms on the video talking about the pain they experienced, and it made me think: Why don't they show this to teenagers? When I was in high school, they showed the birth, but not the mother sweating and groaning over the pain!

Ah, not only that, but we did go on the mats to do breathing exercises. And I was incorrect; it's not "hee hee hoo", it's "hee hee hee hoo". I knew we were going to classes for a reason! The nurse told us that we need to practice, otherwise we won't remember.

Other than that, I liked seeing other moms there, and knowing that all the changes aren't happening just to me. In other words, I'm not *that* special! :)

I also didn't realize that you get free stuff from going to class! So far we have 2 newborn diapers (Michael didn't realize that they came in that small), some 'womanly' stuff, and a bunch of reading materials.

That's all the excitement that's happening around here! I'm thinking about dressing up as Britney Spears during her second pregnancy for Halloween, but I can't seem to find a big blonde wig. Heheh... that's okay. I don't think that it would go over too well at work!

No comments: