Saturday, October 14, 2006

I finally caught the bug that's been going around. I know that when I'm not hungry at all, then I must be sick! Crackers and water have been my best friends. I was worried about not giving the baby any nutrients, until Michael pointed out that I had told him before that the baby will take whatever it needs from me if I don't eat it, (ie. Calcium from my bones, etc). Weird, huh?

***WARNING*** Rant begins here...

On a sour note, I'm still trying to find an obstetrician (OB) after being here for 6 weeks. You really have to jump through a few hoops! I had to:
-go to a clinic(this took a couple of weeks, once we had settled in)
-get an ultrasound to find out how 'old' the pregnancy is (This took us to Oct 3-a 2 week wait)
-have the ultrasound results returned to the clinic (2 days-I harangued the doc on Oct 5th)
-get the requisition for the next set of bloodwork (which I received and obtained on the 5th)
-get the referral to the OB.

I talked to the receptionist on Oct 10th, and she said that one of the OB's I requested turned me down, and she was working on the others. I went back to the clinic on the 13th, but it was closed! ARRGH! Look, I do know that she is probably overworked, but I want to get this referral so I can go on to the next steps.

I have a feeling that I need to turn into one of those annoying people that keep on pestering and pestering until they get their own way. My strategy will be to go in and ask, "What can *I* do to help with this referral?" Goodness knows I had to do that to book my own ultrasound!

Rant over.

1 comment:

gspot12 said...

Hey, hope I didn't get you sick!! but mine was all head congestion so I don't think it's the same thing u have! Blame it on Mark when u get sick~we always do!!! But seriously, I can sympathize with you, you just want to get a regular dr for your pregnancy and you are having to jump through hoops.... If it takes any longer convince Mike to let you pay to get a dr. across the border!!! Have a good day.