Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Last time at the old house

Just a little bit of cleaning up in the basement. It was so odd seeing the house so empty. And a big change from when we moved in, because it was d.i.r.t.y. and the people we bought it from still had some of their....stuff...in the house.

Anyway, I am proud that we left the house in better shape than when we received it.

I took in the view one more time from 'our' property, and enjoyed the sunset and the quiet. I said Hello to Bobby the Dog next door, and went to the post office to talk to the lady there. I was there without Michael and the kids, so it was pretty peaceful.

Oh, and I found that damn cricket! It was making noises 2 months ago-it snuck in somehow-and it was in a bit of a sorry state when I found it. It was crawling around it's friend, who had died earlier. I happened to have a box on me...cricket pancake. Mean? Possibly. But it's out of its misery now.

In other news, the kids are great at mimicking me now. The other day I called Michael. Similar to a yodel... "Michael!" And both kids decide to copy me, same tone and everything!

No comments: