Saturday, August 27, 2011

End of summer already?

Hm, the summer has passed in a flash of French. I can laugh at the version of myself that showed up March 1st, declaring that she would be finished before the end of August!

Today was a bit of an emotional day; we said goodbye to Jillian's speech therapist. She's been with us for the last 2 years, and I give her a lot of credit for the progress that Jillian has made. We have made arrangements with a new speech therapist, and I hope that the next year will go well.

Next, we got haircuts for the girls, and I'm pretty happy with the results-I admire anyone that cuts hair for squirmy kids!

After that, we wandered over to the sports store, where there were bicycles on sale. The girls tried a couple of them out, and immediately liked the 2-wheeler with training wheels. Michael was in another part of the store, and when I saw him coming, I got Jillian to start riding towards him-and she had a huge smile of pride and accomplishment on her face. How can you resist?

The funniest thing about today, was that their bicycle helmets cost more than their bikes! Safety first, eh?

Next stop was to buy a digital conversion box for our TV. I swear that we are the last of the rabbit-ear people! So we hooked it up, and we are the proud owners of ...ONLY 2 STATIONS? Well, the deadline for digital conversion doesn't happen until next week, so we'll just check it again next week. I figured that it will pay for itself in 2 months, and truthfully, if we do get cable/satellite, I *know* that I will spend too time watching HGTV!

Also, our house has been officially sold for a while now. We found another house to rent this year; it's close to Michael's work, and I can Walk.To.The.Bus.Stop! A 5-minute walk beats 1/2 hour drive to the bus stop any day of the week!

There's probably a few other things that I have forgotten to mention, but I'm tired and cranky.

Happy weekend!

No comments: