Friday, August 29, 2008

Ah, the Friday before the long weekend!

Michael's back at school after having the summer off(and yes, I was jealous!), and Jillian's back on her 'school schedule' with the sitter. It took her a couple of weeks to adjust, but she's no longer giving me guilt trips when I leave(ie. crying). Phew! She's also eating from a fork now, but she needs some help from us to actually spear the food. She's got these little cute forks just her size too. No sign of being left or right handed; she can get the food in her mouth with either hand.

Her sitter noticed that her ears aren't pierced, and offered to get them pierced for us(in case I didn't want to see her in pain), but I explained to her that we're going to wait until she asks for it. Her older cousin was 3 when she asked, and I know of many other babies that have it done already, but I guess deep down, "I'm" not ready.

She slept through the night 2 nights in a row...then woke us up again in the middle of the night. I feel like we're sooo close! However, she's on water only at night, (we don't want any teeth issues). She's fine with the sippy cup, but has an annoying habit of flinging her cup on the floor when she doesn't want any more to drink. At least she'll eat whatever we're eating at dinner, bu heaven forbid that we keep her waiting too long to eat!

Baby #2 is doing swimmingly; I keep thinking that I "may" have felt some flutters or kicks this week, but I can't say for sure...I'm 17 weeks and 5 days now, so it could be any day now. Right now, it can fit in the palm of my hand, head to bum.

It still blows my mind that we're doing this again; it's just so amazing what a miracle this is.

Oh, before I go, a little piece of advice for you:
If a woman tells you that they're pregnant, PLEASE don't say:
"Wow! You're SO big!!!" or,
"Are you having twins/triplets?"

This makes us grit our teeth and want to ask you how much YOU weigh, and when YOU'RE due-regardless of if you're a male or female.

Please tell us, "You look great!", and look like you mean it. Please. Sometimes we feel like circus freaks, don't remind us that we are.

Thank you.

Have a great long weekend!

No comments: